Primary Mathematics U.S. Edition Textbook 1A
|Dimensions||7.5 × 10.5 × 0.25 in|
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
- Numbers 0 to 10Counting
- Number BondsMaking Number Stories
- AdditionMaking Addition Stories
Addition With Number Bonds
- SubtractionMaking Subtraction Stories
Methods of Subtraction
- Ordinal NumbersNaming Positions
- Numbers to 20Counting and Comparing
Addition and Subtraction
- ShapesCommon Shapes
- LengthComparing Length
- WeightComparing Weight
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd.