Primary Mathematics Common Core Edition Textbook 2A
|Dimensions||7.5 × 10.5 × 0.25 in|
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
- Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
- The glossary effectively combines pictorial representation with simple mathematical definitions to provide a comprehensive reference guide for students.
- A curriculum map details where to find textbook content that covers each of the Common Core State Standards.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
- Numbers to 1,000
Counting Within 1,000
- Addition and Subtraction
Addition Without Renaming
Subtraction Without Renaming
Addition With Renaming
Subtraction With Renaming
Measuring Length in Meters
Measuring Length in Centimeters
Other Units of Length
- Multiplication and Division
- Multiplication Tables of 2 and 3
Multiplication Table of 2
Multiplication Table of 3
Dividing by 2
Dividing by 3
- Numbers to 1,000
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish Education Pte. Ltd.