Primary Mathematics Common Core Edition Textbook 5A
|Dimensions||7.5 × 10.5 × 0.25 in|
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
- Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
- The glossary effectively combines pictorial representation with simple mathematical definitions to provide a comprehensive reference guide for students.
- A curriculum map details where to find textbook content that covers each of the Common Core State Standards.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
- Whole Numbers
Approximation and Estimation
Factors and Multiples
Multiplying by Tens, Hundreds, or Thousands
Dividing by Tens, Hundreds, or Thousands
- More Calculations with Whole Numbers
Order of Operations
Methods for Mental Calculation
Looking Back: Word Problems
Multiplication by a 2-Digit Whole Number
Division by a 2-Digit Whole Number
Fractions and Division
Addition and Subtraction of Unlike Fractions
Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
Product of a Fraction and a Whole Number
- Multiply and Divide Fractions
Product of Fractions
Dividing a Fraction by a Whole Number
Dividing by a Fraction
More Word Problems
- Perimeter and Area
Area of Composite Figures – Rectangles and Squares
Area of a Triangle
Area of a Parallelogram
Combining Three Quantities
- Whole Numbers
Grade 5 Curriculum Map
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish Education Pte. Ltd.